Tuesday, January 29, 2008

 

The Triumphant Return of Joe Hoelscher and Seth Sutton


Yesterday, in criminal practice class (why is that starting to sound like "this one time, at band camp...?"), I had Seth Sutton and Joe Hoelscher come talk about creating and marketing a criminal defense practice. All I can say is that it was awesome-- way better than me prattling on about things like that.

For those of you that don't know them, both Seth and Joe were well-known around the law school. Seth excelled in practice court; I remember him giving one of the best closings I had heard. Joe, of course, won an Osler for his lifetime achievement in PC witnessing.

Seriously, I think it says a lot for this school that someone like Joe will drive 6 hours on I-35 to come speak to my class, without pay or even a very good lunch being provided. Baylor Law generates incredible loyalty, and that is something that rewards the school in more ways than you might imagine.

Comments:
We need an educational road trip to Emily Morgan's the Friday after finals. I was truly impressed with Joel's plea agreement methods.
 
I saw Joe hanging around the other day and I wondered what he was doing back here. I thought maybe someone had made him come back to witness for someone or something. I meant to go say "Hi," but I was on my way to BarBri and that makes me not a very social person.
 
Seth Sutton is Adonis incarnate.

Endorsement paid for by the Law Offices of Sutton and Hutson.
 
cache- exactly what services are being provided by this "firm?"
 
A Monopoly "Get out of Jail Free" card on one side and their business card on the other.
 
Cache - you are seriously everywhere. This is one place I certainly didn't expect to see you pop up. Of course The Wacoan cover was another...
 
Nobody expects the Cachinnator! Amongst my weaponry is fear and suprise...
 
I have an idea for a contest. While Seth's pic listed in this post is not that bad, what if we posted links to the worst lawyer pics we could find on the internet?! That could be a blast. You probably couldn't get away with it,(cause some of our targets may consider you a friend) but I could. Hmmmm... idea brewing. :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#