Friday, September 22, 2006

 

Yes, I was serious!



We really are going to have Fashion Night at Baylor-- 7:30 on Tuesday, October 3, in room 127. We had a meeting today to decide on a format, and have come up with a formula that should provide for an exciting, enlightening, and sometimes terrifying evening. If you don't think I'm capable of working up a truly odd event, let me tell you about... well, no, I probably shouldn't.

What we really need right now are models. Please help us in this way to assist needy and confused law students who currently believe there are such things as "dress shorts" and "business tube tops." If you are male, please contact me at Mark_W_Osler@Baylor.edu. If you are female, please contact Prof. Simpson at Kristin_Simpson@Baylor.edu. If you aren't sure which category you fall into, you may want to contact the ISNA.

Comments:
If this guy is going to model, I will definitely be there!
 
Finally! A group that understands me. But I have just one question -- can I get an excused absence from PC on Friday, October 13 in order to fly to San Francisco and attend the conference hosted by the ISNA?
 
Dear Confused--

No.

Love,

Practice Court
 
What do you mean there is no such thing as "dress shorts?"

That is like claiming that there are no fancy business flip-flops.
 
Will you please explain that "business casual" does not mean jeans and faded polo shirts
 
Arrrgh, yes, PLEASE tell the ladies that there ARE no such thing as "fancy business flip-flops."

(Yes, SNS, I recognize your sarcasm. But you've struck a nerve.) My courthouse is awash in women who seem to think that wearing the same "shoes" they would wear at the pool or out to check the mail somehow is acceptable. They justify this, when asked, by telling me how much the particular flip-flops cost. I'm sorry - sixty-dollar flip-flops are still flip-flops!!

Is it THAT hard to actually insert your feet into some real shoes? Are you all THAT lazy now??
 
D-man,

HA! I have also heard the justification of the flip-flops being dressy or business if they have sparkels or shines on them.
 
Why do men care what kind of shoes women wear? Flip-flops, snow boots, barefoot..who cares?
 
Mmmmm... snow boots....
 
All I have to add to this, beside the fact that people who wear flipflops in court should be booted for contempt, is that I rearranged my work schedule to be at the show on Tuesday. Wouldn't miss this for the world.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#