Wednesday, July 07, 2021

 

My Teachers: 4 from law school

 


As I think about law school, it occurs to me that I have already profiled four of the most influential profs I had there:
 
Daniel Freed  
 
Drew Days

Stanton Wheeler
 
Guido Calabresi
 
I was going to go on from there, but rereading those stopped me cold-- it made me realize just how much I got out of law school beyond learning the law. Those four men cared deeply about my success and fulfillment, and I learned by watching them (having not grown up around lawyers or professors)-- I watched how they collaborated with others, how they dealt with dissent, and how they treated people of all types. Do I live up to the standard they set? No, probably not. But I'm still trying. 
 
What a lucky person I am! 

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#