Friday, January 03, 2020

 

Haiku Friday: Grades and grading


[Sidenote: This Heathcliff cartoon is inscrutable. If anyone knows what it means, please let me know. I am stumped]

Today I am finishing up my grading (I got most of it done before Christmas). It's a challenging endeavor sometimes-- especially when I do it myself instead of using the sorting hat.

Anyways, we have all been graded (and many of us have issued grades), so let's haiku about that this week. Here, I will go first:

Sometimes I revel
Reading just the right answer
"This student got it!"

Now it is your turn! Just use the 5/7/5 syllable formula, and have some fun!


Comments:
regarding the cartoon. Heathcliff (he is a cat, correct? Is pondering the birds; flight is their fear response to a cat. And the fish are fearful of the cat as well. And well dogs and cats generally only tolerate each other.
 
Professors and pipes
And Elbow Patches. Also why
is Heathcliff upright?
 
Do profs read all words?
I will bet this one did not:
Timothy Leary!

Heathcliff reminds me
of Leary. The birds are an
LSD response
 
Give me an A plus!
I did all the work, and more
Plus, I am eighty.
 
Are there schools that don't
issue grades? That is my dream...
so overrated
 
Reality check,
If you do not do the work,
Get what you deserve.
 
Torts final, red ink
“This answer is a hot mess”
True words from a priest
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#