Wednesday, July 02, 2014

 

The Mascot


I enjoy going to see the Twins play, but I'm a little disturbed by their mascot, TC the Bear.   Here are some of my issues:

1)  It looks like a squirrel!  Really, I mean look at it.  Of course, I've had this problem before, when I accused Handsome Dan of looking like a squirrel at a Yale football game and he hit me.

2)  He has children.  He is often followed around by his offspring, both of whom appear to be named "Subway," apparently for their odor.  Should a guy with two kids really be dragging them all over on the field while he is working?

3)  Why not just borrow Goldy Gopher from the University of Minnesota?  That guy is awesome-- he stars in videos, he teaches kids how to do their laundry,  and he basically rules mascot-ing.

Well, it could be worse... at least the Twins have it better than the Washington Nationals, who kept the holdover mascot from the old Washington Senators, "Senator Baseball":




Comments:
The actual mascot is "Screech" the eagle, the spawn of the Expos old Mascot Youppi (the only mascot ever ejected from a game and one of only three recognized at the Baseball Hall of Fame)(he is now mascot for the Montreal Canadiens and therefore the first and only two sport mascot) and Slapshot, the Washington Capitals mascot.
 
I'm hurt beyond words that in all of your mascot posts, you have never once mentioned this one: http://www.greenmomster.org/2014/06/fools-gold.html. Pretty much the platonic ideal of that that is, "mascot"
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#