Friday, October 14, 2011

 

Haiku Friday: Conservative Heroes!




It is I, RRL, owner of the blog, and associate at a large law firm. This week, we will haiku about well-known conservative figures. You can choose from the following:

1) Ronald Reagan
2) Tonya Harding
3) Dick Cheney
4) Blitzen The Reindeer
5) Augusta Longbottom
6) Barry Goldwater
7) Rory Ryan
8) Barney The Dinosaur
9) Chuck Norris
10) Gandolf
11) Mitt Romney
12) Eyeore
13) William F. Buckley
14) Grar the Giant Maverick Panda
15) RRL
16) Half of Led Zeppelin
17) Snuggles, the Fabric Softener Bear
18) George Will
19) King Zog
20) Blob

Just write a haiku. I might send you a giant pile of money, or wine, or some dynamite. Or not.

Smoke 'em if you got 'em-
RRL

Comments:
Buckley saw the priest,
me in a sea of Baptists,
Mt. Vernon, Georgia.

[He debated the separation of church and state with Nadine Strossen, then head of the ACLU, at Brewton-Parker College in 1998.]
 
Once conservative
Not always conservative
I've got 'em, let's smoke

Popular Reagan
Had great hair, too! But Perry,,
Well, he lacks substance

That freakish Barney
Is simply not bent that way
ummm, I'm just sayin'
 
Lep Zep's John Bonham
Big guy, big drum sticks, big sound
Hammer of heaven.
Bob
 
Barney, beloved
By children, sucked at the
Teat of government.
 
William F. Buckley
Hey, that's 5 syllables! Wait -
"William" 2 or 3?
 
RRL takes blog
we'd all much prefer the French-
libs, but not rabid
 
Buckley, Reagan, Thatch,
alma mater trivium.
Hillsdale, you old dog.
 
Free gifts at Christmas
Blitzen always resented.
“They don’t deserve them.”
 
Barry Goldwater,
We barely knew ye at all,
Then beat by Johnson.
 
Toffee-tongued Dandy
Kiss my ears with unheard no's
I'm highbrow-beaten.




I enter this,but "The Chief," The Reverend Neil Alan Willard,of the House of Jesus,is on fire,and has me already a loser.
 
With dark flowing capes
Dick Cheney or Darth Vadar
Eyes dark, so steely

Resolve, so certain
Sees the enemy clearly
His special power

~*~*~*
I think it may be between NAW and Lovely Bones this good day.

My minds eye, wide shut
I was once conservative
Drifting freely now
 
Eighth in line, Blitzen
Was never a contender
Famous reindeer wins.
 
No squib was Neville.
Augusta sent a howler--
unnecessary.
 
Eeyore Tea Party
supporters see Debates as
a glass half empty
 
Goldwater and Gays,
Liberty sans paradox;
Consistency rules!
 
Chuck Norris. His tears,
they say, cure cancer. I wish
he would cry some time.
 
Gruff and rock-ribbed right.
Yet today, would be too soft.
Au H2O.
 
WOuld love to write this
Haiku but I have no con-
servative Heroes.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#