Wednesday, September 07, 2011

 

Bag Report!


As astute Razor readers will remember, not long ago I asked for advice in choosing a new bag to replace my backpack. I offered two choices.

The winner, as shown in the photo, was none of the above. Instead of the Cole-Haan bag (which turned out to be made in China) and the L.L. Bean bag (also made in China), I stopped by the workshop/showroom for the J.W. Hulme Company after my interview in St. Paul a few weeks ago. It was a fascinating place... they gave me a tour of the workshop, all of which had that wonderful smell of leather. There were big rolls of it, and canvas, and brass hardware in bins. It looked like a place where good things come from.

What do you think?

Comments:
Excellent. I was on vacation when you requested comment. Thankfully our mind meld is still intact. I got a J.W. Hulme bag for graduation from law school. VERY well made. Mine could use some leather conditioner about now, but it still looks great strapped to the back of my Vespa. #outofplaceinbeaumont
 
made in America!
 
Sure, if you consider St. Paul to be a part of "America," a conclusion many people in Minneapolis do reach.
 
Kinda William and Mary-ish … and kinda professor-ish. Not bad.

I am, however, crushed you did not follow through with the official Red Wings hockey bag recommendation … would have work well with all those huge law books, work-out gear, large sub sandwiches, the Sunday Times, and several Big Gulp go cups … with room to spare.
 
Big Gulp go cups (full) jammed into a hockey bag = disaster. Been there.
 
What are Big Gulp go cups?
 
I like it.
 
@Anon 8:21: To go cups...beverage of choice. If they are Big Gulp...they are from 711---and nothing much good comes from that---especially in a hockey bag.
 
I have never heard them called go cups either. We just called them big gulps.
Crazy Canadians.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#