Saturday, April 23, 2011

 

Well, that went well...


CNN actually had a story about the reaction to their story about our trial in Richmond. You can see that here. I heard about the on-air discussion, but did not see it. The story about the story got 400+ comments, on top of the 1300+ on the original piece.

I hope that some people read all this and go to see what's going on at Holy Comforter in Richmond, or go to hear Jeanne Bishop speak about her sister, or begin to think differently about the death penalty.

One great thing about my life is that I have no need to commercialize any of this-- I do the work pro bono, as social mission, and my job is to teach and write (and I do plenty of that, and love it). What I can hope for is that it matters. I realize what a luxury that is, and it is one thing I am grateful for this day before Easter.

Tonight I will go to the evening vigil at St. Stephens. I will hear Neil Alan Willard preach, I'll hear Tom Berg sing, and walk out afterwards over the stone bridge spanning Minnehaha Creek, which rushes and tumbles over itself, full to bursting with Spring and life and nothing less than the power of God in our midst, rushing to meet the Mississippi, rushing to New Orleans, rushing to be part of an ocean, as are we all.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#