Saturday, May 15, 2010

 

Hello Kitty and RRL


Sadly, these are two separate topics. I'm about to head off for the Metroplex again until tomorrow, but before I do, two important reports:

1) RRL's band (the name of which does not meet the Razor's decorum standards) was great. Well, they weren't great in the sense of "knowing how to play all the songs they began," but that's now what I want in a bar band. Instead, I am looking for fun, energy, and some surprises, and they had all three. I had never heard RRL sing, and I was shocked. He's good. Who knew? (well, I suppose everyone else there did, but not me). It was good to be at Scruffy's again, too, and Woody bought me a beer. Thanks, Woody-- it was great to see you in your native environment.

2) In a possibly unrelated story, it looks like we are facing the possible demise of Hello Kitty. What I never figured out is why Hello Kitty was popular in the first place. Can anyone help me with this?

Comments:
This is all I got for you: http://www.rotten.com/library/culture/hello-kitty/
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#