Saturday, December 05, 2009

 

Fuddy Mears, Dan Buck, and Scott Baker!

Last night, my dad and I went to see Dan Buck's directorial thesis, Fuddy Mears. I'm no theater critic, but I really loved it. It was not the typical play for these parts, but I like that. One aspect I really loved was the set and movement across that set-- it's the first play I've seen with a golf cart as a central element. Excellent job, Dan!

Next, I've got big plans for Monday. One bit of excitement this week was finding out that I am Wacoan of the Year (the bigger thrill was the truly excellent article written with great care by Megan Willome, and the kind things many people said in that article). Anyways, I'm not sure what my responsibilities are, so I have asked for advice from the first Wacoan-of-the-year, Scott Baker. Scott is a friend and a one-time-lurker here at the Razor, who was outed in the comments section nearly two years ago.

Trust me, his advice will be sobering and directive.

Comments:
Scott has been a fine Wacoan of the Year representative. I expect it'll be a whirlwind experience of ribbon cuttings, parades, baby-kissing, glad-handing, and first class jet rides to our sister city in Scotland (the "other" Waco). You'll probably need to take a sabbatical next semester just to recover.
We're proud of you.
Bob
 
That was really nice of you to say in such a public way.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#