Wednesday, January 30, 2008

 

I've been cachinated!


So, yeah, it's the middle of the night, and I'm wide awake. Once in a while, at times like this, I troll around my own blog and see who has stopped by. If you click on the statmeter down to the left, you can do this for yourself. It leads to a lot of intriguing questions for me, such as "who in Woodland Hills, California or Fuquay Varina, NC is checking out the Razor?"

I also check out the comments to see who is stopping in. Usually, except for "anonymous," I can tell who it is dropping a comment, and it's like an old friend stopping by. Other times, it's a mystery. For example, lately I have been favored with some witty and pithy comments from "The Cachinator." Intriguingly, despite a little study, I have no clue who this is. Here is what I do know:

1) The Cachinator has three blogs, one of which apparently is focused on Pokemon. Whoop!

2) The Cachinator is wonderfully articulate and has a light touch with words.

3) The Cachinator seems quite well-versed on faith issues.

4) Yet, the Cachinator writes out his/her tax checks to the "County Tax Ass. Office" and finds that hilarious (which it is).

Comments:
I think it's Scott Baker, executive director of the Waco Hippodrome.

Although I can't be entirely sure. But the Wacoan cover reference in the comments of this blog is somewhat of a giveaway.
 
Indeed he is the Wacoan of the Year, theatre alum, currently in seminary while running the Hippodrome. He is a funny fellow with a way cool wife. He probably found you through me and the drummer. :)
 
Wow! I was totally outed, and quickly so by anonymous and strongdanbuck/strong.

I'm not entirely sure how I got here, but when you blog about things Baylor... well... the circle shrinks a bit.

The Pokemon blog is news to me. If I do have a Pokemon blog, I should probably be aware of it. I'll look into that.

Still, I'm wicked jealous of you getting to be at the CNBC. Enjoy it and report often please. I'm off to photograph Seth Sutton getting his back waxed for charity.
 
I used to live an hour away from Fuquay (pronounced foo-kway).
 
Seth Sutton is way too good-looking to be real. Is he on TV or something?
 
Have you seen Judge Richard Kopf's (U.S. Dist. Ct. N.E.) "Top Ten List" regarding Supreme Court sentencing jurisprudence?

For example, #9:
"You don’t need experience in actually sentencing people in order to totally screw up the law of sentencing. It is telling and painfully obvious that not a single Justice ever had to look a federal defendant in the eye while not knowing what law to apply."

For his article and the list:
http://moritzlaw.osu.edu/osjcl/blog/Articles_1/kopf-final-12-28-07.pdf

For a Sentencing Blog take:
http://sentencing.typepad.com/sentencing_law_and_policy/2008/01/judge-kopfs-top.html

I would love to know your thoughts.
 
File this under STRANGE BUT TRUE:

The Cachinnator and The Dada Drummer went to the same high school in Woodbridge, Virginia!
 
ALSO...you need to come play Boggle Nayme Game. We're inventing names for Hilary and Barack's love child!!
 
some good haiku topics

insomnia

what makes a baptist a real baptist

pokemon.

being outed.

also wish I was there. the event almost, almost makes me wish I were baptist.
 
Whoa! And I thought I was the only Northern Virginian on this blog. Turns out there's two of you in Waco, of all places. No wonder I feel at home there.
 
Wait is that who I think it is in that pic? Is that Jebozz? Are those Jebozz prodigy as well? what is with the sideburns?

I am not the Cachenator.

I am the Toddlerizer, AKA the Exploditionaterizer.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#