Saturday, August 30, 2008

 

Yikes! American Violet Opens in Telluride


The movie based on a case I worked on with David Moore and others, American Violet, opened yesterday at the Telluride Film Festival. Not that I know a lot about these things, but I think that's a good sign. Many great movies (ie, Juno and Brokeback Mountain) had their first showing at Telluride.

It also looks like the movie got a primo spot-- showing first on Friday at the largest theater in town (The Palm). It's also one of only two films by US filmmakers to get a showing at the festival.

Sadly, I don't think Baylor ever gave permission to use its name, which is too bad since we do come off as the good guys in this one.

The whole thing just makes me want to go skiing.

Comments:
Early reviews seem very positive, so congratulations.

But given the political nature of the movie, the events depicted therein, and the political and financial realities of a private school like Baylor University, are you truly surprised that Baylor did not give their permission?
 
Hey you know I don't want to get into a big thing here, but what DID happen at the end of Brokeback Mountain? I assume the Jake Gyllenhall died and that Heath Ledger heard about his death and went to where he lived or something? Because I know they show him getting beaten up.. but I don't remember if he died.

I saw it a long time ago, by myself, because no one would go with me.

Congratulations on your Movie Premier! Why didn;t they invite you to the thing at Telluride then? When IN COLD BLOOD came out ( the movie) Truman Capote invited allthe people who worked on the Clutter case to the premiere and then later to his Black and White Ball. I think you need a better agent, Osler.
 
Yeah, it seems like a trip to Telluride would've been the perfect perk . . . but anyway, congratulations!
 
So excited about this! I am good friends with David and he deserves this honor! Congrats to you also! I can't wait to see the movie...!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#