Saturday, August 23, 2008

 

Hmmm... well, the hair is right, for the moment...


I received word that the movie based on my former student at Baylor, David Moore, is pretty much done. The film, which stars Will Patton and Alfre Woodard, is about a case we worked on a few years ago. The title has apparently changed from American Inquisition to American Violet, which is kind of curious. I have no idea what the new title means. American Violent, sure...

Anyways, the character based on me (a law prof. named Joe Fisher) is being played by Christopher MCann, pictured here. (My guess that they would use Danny DeVito turned out to be wrong). I saw Mcann yesterday on an episode of Law and Order, and he's pretty good!

I can't wait to see the movie. David's story is a great one, and deserves to be told (even if in slightly fictionalized form).

Comments:
What is it about? Or would it take Waaaay too long?
 
Xibit is int it. Isn't he the guy who does "Pimp My Ride?"
 
This IS a powerful story, one that needs to be told. Alas, particularly in South, it depicts an all too common series of events. McCann will do great in the "Osler" role. (Much better than Mickey Dolenez, who was originally considered for the part.)
RFDIII
 
The CL's are always ready to help out with opening night red carpet consults. Congrats!

Mrs. CL
 
The question is...
Do I have to watch this movie on the Lifetime Television network, or can I spend my hard earned $$$ at the local AMC, sit in a comfy rocker chair and eat REALLY BAD popcorn when I go see this flick?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#