Tuesday, August 19, 2008

 

I'm Lovin' These New Olympic Sports!


Last night I got bored with NBC's obsessive focus on tiny American gymnasts and searched around for another channel carrying the Olympics. Boy, did I find it! Answer-- Telemundo! My comprehension of what was going on was hampered by my complete lack of knowledge regarding the Spanish language, but they showed all kinds of things I didn't even know were in the Olympics. For example, it appears that Jumping On A Trampoline is now an official event, as is Angry Women Fighting. I found both quite compelling, though it is odd that those sports are included while baseball and softball are being removed after this Olympics.

Here's my thought-- they should combine those two new events, so the angry women fight while jumping on a trampoline.

Of course, I have already invented two sports (Taco Bueno and Botchy Ball) which should be in the Olympics, anyways, as should several others. Golf, for example. Isn't it kind of weird that golf, a popular international sport, isn't in the Olympics? Or auto racing? I also don't understand why they allow professional athletes in all of the other sports, but for some reason continue to exclude the pro wrestlers...

Comments:
Hey jumping on the trampoline brought back memories of grade school. Not good ones either.

I'm surprised they haven't shown the BMX Bike races that are part of this year's Olympics. To me that is stretching the definition of an Olympic sport just a bit. But them again, they snowboard and do aerial tricks while on skis in the winter Olympics.
 
Didn't the IOC make Ballroom Dancing an Olympic Sport a few years ago?

How about cooking?

Seems to me that the Razor should be advocating for a flamethrower competition.
 
Actually, if the Greeks are involved, you could combine the cooking and flamethrower competitions.
 
Professional boxers are excluded from competing.
 
Here's a great Olympic sport! You see who make make the best reproductions of Olympic venues OUT OF LEGOS!!!
http://startupmeme.com/exclusive-beijing-olympics-2008-lego-models/
rfdiii
 
How come you guys like to see women fighting but we don't like to see you fighting? Grumble, grumble . . . Boxing never did it for me . . . .

Yeah, I don't get that our professional basketball players are allowed to obliterate the rest of the world but not professionals at other sports . . . and some sports don't really even have professionals, so it doesn't seem fair.
 
Okay, I just tried looking for Telemundo to see what these women were fighting about! But I don't get that channel apparently. I did find some reruns of Mork & Mindy, though . . .

It would be nice to see another version of the Olympics than the world according to NBC . . .

My favorite new unusual sport is pairs diving. Beautiful, it's true, but you wonder what's next after that . . .
 
How about the low-water rescue event featuring Prof. Bates:

www.wacotrib.com lead story
 
The best angry women fighting sport is heavyweight women's judo. I mean, I watch all the judo that I can because I'm just a judo freak, but for some reason I really like the heavyweight women's matches. Women have a nice low center of gravity, which makes them demons on the judo mat, and women that are in the same weight class as me are just cool, because I know they could wipe the mat with me (quite literally).
 
Uhh . . . Larry Bates and unidentified female rescued from the flooding in his BMW? Coverage, please.

http://www.wacotrib.com/photos/mediahub/08192008_rain/slideshow/index.jsp?tId=117082
 
http://www.wacotrib.com/news/content/news/stories/2008/08/20/08202008wacweather.html

lets have driving in floods be a new sport.
 
Seems like we should have a discussion on what constitutes a "sport" anyways.

You'd think that outdoors man extraordinaire Larry Bates would be able to handle water up to his knees. The guy is usually up to his neck in snow anyways.
What makes it that much more hilarious is that there is a guy in an innertube enjoying the water, whereas Bates is getting emergency aid!
 
I think it was a little early to be sloshed enough to think that a flood makes for a great chance to experience white water rafting. I bought a paper today just for the front page photo of Bates.
I went to school today to buy supps and saw Prof T&E. I asked him if Bates had arrived yet, he answered in the negative. I guess Bates had some car trouble. Perhaps the entire fleet has sunk.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#