Wednesday, October 04, 2006

 

Bueno!


You may have noticed my link to "Taco Bueno" on the left. If you follow the link, you will see that the link is not to the restaurant chain, but to the Wikipedia entry for a game we made up called "Taco Bueno," which is played on air mattresses from a kneeling position.

On Friday, I was contacted by the Taco Bueno corporation. At first, I was a little scared they were going to pursue me for a trademark violation (though I don't think that is the derivation of the name, exactly), which would be hard for me because I enjoy eating at Taco Bueno and said "Bueno!" when they opened one near campus recently. After an exchange of e-mails with Ken Jacobson of Taco Bueno, it seems they were just curious why a game played in Canada would have that name. In the end, Mr. Jacobson sent me some Taco Bueno swag.

If anyone wants to come over to play "BMW M3!" later, let me know.

Comments:
Does the BMW 3 game consist of me driving your beamer around town?
 
Squeeky-- Didn't I already do that?
 
No, but you can make it up to me by gifting the car to me instead, or we can trade, and mine can take a beating or two, so I think it is a fair trade.
 
Squeekernsqueeker-- I think you pretty much have the perfect vehicle for you right now! But, if the situation required it, I would trust you to drive me car.
 
Now there is a smart corporation. Compare that to how the Union Pacific is threatening model railroad companies with lawsuits for giving them free positive publicity.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#