Thursday, June 05, 2008

 

Buttpuck!


The Red Wings won the Stanley Cup, and the winning goal last night was scored when Penguins' goalie Jean-Marc Fleury accidentally sat on the puck, and it squirted out from under his goalie pants and into the net. No, I'm not making that up. Basically, it was a buttpuck, and a very pain painful one for Pittsburg.

It was a great series, and it drew me back in to the sport. I played hockey for some 28 years one way or another, from pick-up games on the lake to championship teams with a future NHL all-star. I wasn't a great player myself (my best skill was killing penalties), but I did love to play. You don't sit around in the locker room and talk about this, but the skating is just elegant-- a magical balance of strength and balance and speed that makes doing it well an act of joy. Plus, you get to hit people.

Comments:
Congrats to your Red Wings. I would have loved hockey. Alas, I grew up in Texas. I did get into inline hockey when that fired up in the 90s. Lots of fun, but less hitting.
 
OK. Now tell us what the heck happened to the Tigers this year.
 
Dear IPLawGuy--

No. I won't tell you. It's secret

Love,

Prof. Osler
 
One should never use the terms "squirted" and "goalie pants" in the same sentence.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#