Thursday, November 22, 2007

 

Thanksgiving 2007


I have always found Thanksgiving to be a very spiritual holiday, if you let it be. Thankfulness is a wonderful thing. One thing the act of being thankful does is to force you to be selfless for a moment, to recognize something besides yourself. We all need that sometimes; I certainly know that I do.

Whatever successes we have, we rarely accomplish them alone, though too often we take credit for it alone. Whatever talents we have, someone taught us, the wealth we have is rarely the fruit of our sole efforts, and even the capacity to love and be loved most often comes through another who has and shares that ability.

Once we recognize the fact that we have done nothing alone, that we are in part made by those good people around us, it is easier to see what God has done, and how.

Comments:
Thanks for the message . . . things we can all remember, wherever we are.
 
I'm thankful we don't have PC today. At least that I know of.
 
http://www.adultswim.com/video/?episodeID=8a25c39215d7c8da0115d8dad4af0205
 
Spending the day with family and friends is a perfect example of your message - they're the people who make us who we are. I am very thankful for them=).

Thanks for the reminder - happy thanksgiving!
 
Well said. I hope you had a happy Thanksgiving.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#