Saturday, June 16, 2007

 

Would anyone like to purchase six pounds of human hair?


After Mrs. CL rescinded her offer to cut my hair for $11, I was driven to desperate measures. Because the Michigan economy has tanked, haircuts are cheap here, and I got one for about $11 at one of those places with the barber chairs and the red-and-white pole outside. Sadly, they apparently heard my request for a "haircut" as a directive to "cut off all of my hair." It's a pretty severe change. Maybe even worse than that one I got last year in rural Vermont...

Or, it could be that the barber was offended by my suggestion for the University of Illinois, which recently had to dump their sports mascot, Chief Illini-Wek. I thought it might be a good idea for them to just change it to CHEF Illini-WOK, a guy in a chef's hat banging a wok. He looked at me strangely when I made this helpful suggestion.

Comments:
....Dare I ask what the going rate is?
 
I heard Bob Dylan talking about haircuts on his XM Radio Show. I think you'd look good in a D.A.
 
Why did you get a haircut? Are you in trouble with the law and it's time to go underground? Will your students recognize you? Does your family recognize you? Did you get a buzz cut?
 
Ok, now I really feel bad. I really truly WANTED to try out my barbering skills on you, but between the 18 CL children and taking care of premature infants and day surgery patients, plus Junior League, I'm kinda swamped right now.

I will however, again offer the CL casa (pinata included) for the Razor Union in the fall, or at least spot you an $11 margarita at the pool. Please don't ban me from the Razor! I could offer the CL for some obscure task, be we all know how reliable he is ;)

Perhaps we could cut your hair at the Union,and everyone could have a snip and take home a commemorative lock as a party favor? Or we have a Razor auction, a la Britney?

Exactly how short is your 'do?

Seriously, I'm sorry, it would have been hilarious, for me if not for you.
 
I remember the last major cut, you strolled into class and unbidden the thought sprang to my mind (and my lips, to the delight of my neighbors), "Someone sheared Osler".

It was as if Bates had worn a suit or something.
 
if you want i could still try and braid your hair or do some extensions or somthing.

-Bradley Thomas
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#