Saturday, May 12, 2007

 

The Starbucks on Valley Mills in Waco blows chunks


I was pretty excited when a new Starbucks opened near my house. On those days when there wasn't time to visit Common Grounds, home of great coffee and the Dancing Barista, it would be convenient to have a nearby Starbucks. However, the place blows chunks.

I've been there four times, and not once have they gotten my order right, and each time they have been pretty grumpy about it. This morning was the worst. I got up, set up the Sorting Hat to work on some exam grading, and popped over to the local Starbucks for some coffee. As usual, I went up to the counter and asked for a grande mild. The sullen barista began pouring the coffee from the carafe that was marked as the bold coffee. I asked if that was the mild, and she said (grumpy voice) that it was. At that point, I pointed out that the sign said the other coffee was the mild, and she told me the sign was wrong. Sigh. Notably, they didn't change the sign.

Then when I got home, the sorting hat was ignoring the tests and instead wearing my headphones and jamming out to some classic Bachman-Turner Overdrive.

So now I'm going to stick to Common Grounds, where at least if the barista is in a bad mood, my money isn't going to some freakin' conglomerate.

Comments:
I was in New York City last week, and went in probably 5 different Starbuck's and in each one it took about 10 minutes to make a drink, and they mismade about half of them.

The Starbuck's in the parking garage is awesome in comparison. Never been to the one on Valley Mills though.

ERhine.
 
Hey, if they can't get my order right, I don't go back. There's a great Starbucks in Picadilly. I mean they got my order right the first time. I think there is something painfully strange about a coffee shop on Valley Mills. Common Grounds is always a good bet--dancing barista and all.
 
There are two Starbucks on my morning walk to work. So, I have a choice: the first, where everyone is very friendly, but where they are slow as HELL, or the second, where everyone is rude, but where they are efficient at delivering my venti redeye.
 
The Starbucks on Bosque was very nice. I spent a good two hours there practicing law back in January. Only paid for one Chai
 
I have always thought Starbucks coffee tastes kind of burned. we are not totally back online bill just brought laptop to toney baloney's this AM
 
Tyd,

I agree, that burned flavor permeates Starbucks. I like a mellower blend-- not weak, mind you, but not toasted either.

Of course, I know that the Prof. lives in his own personal coffee hell. Its like a reminder to keep him humble or something.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#