Tuesday, March 06, 2007

 

Who's Who At The Razor?


Some of you may be curious about the cast of characters who participate on this blog. Some are my oldest friends, some are my students, many I have never met. Here are a few of the most frequent participants:

"B": Fifth Circuit clerk who has a way with haiku.

Baker: Baylor Law Student and blogger. Stephen Baker is a current student in the oral advocacy class which is creating the On Rhetoric Blog. Also cares deeply for college basketball.

Celebrity Luvr: Federal Judge and Haiku champ.

Mrs. Celebrity Luvr: She luvs celebrities, too. And she apparently is going to cut and color my hair if the mock trial team wins in Sacramento. This is kind of terrifying.

Chris Fahrenblogger: Proprietor of Sothebearsays, the first significant blog by a Baylor Law Student. A recent graduate of law school, he is now studying at Butterworth College in their "Special Writer's Program." While this does not lead to a degree of any kind, it does promote self-esteem, basic living and communication skills, and principles of cooperation that may lead to mainstream employment.

Dancing Barista
: Employed at Common Grounds, she will do the "faculty dance" on Fridays if she is in the right mood and you tip well.

Habib the Tile Guy: Tydwbleach's erstwhile tile guy, who combines doe-eyed friendliness with outrageous prices and no actual work done.

IPLawGuy: A partner at Wahttp://www2.blogger.com/img/gl.link.gifshington D.C.'s venerable Holland & Knight law firm, IPLawGuy has been a great friend both to me and the blog. Lately, though, he seems a little crabby. It seems to be car-related.

Misty Keene: Prominent and successful Dallas attorney; former BLS student and mock trial potentate.

Ladybird: Current BLS student, frequent class target. Ie: Osler: "Ms. Griffin, what would you do if you were the prosecutor in this case... and you were a samarai?

Meatloaf: Former paramour of Swanburg's Mom. At work on a new album.

The Medievalist: Actually, he's a Spanish Medievalist. A master of his craft.

P. Rico: Member of the Gatos. Resident of the faculty suite. Haiku champ.

Pankratz: Current student Craig Pankratz, who is doing interesting things over at his own blog, Weightier Matters.

Squeeknsqueeker: Not mousey at all, as the name would imply. BLS grad, Austin lawyer, superstar. Plus, knows a thing or two about meat.

Red: Commenter with an unusual depth of knowledge regarding medical issues and haiku.

Red Andrews: An owner of the infamous Beer Meet blog, which nominally covers Baylor sports, yet is still often entertaining.

Sleepy Walleye: A Minnesotan, he is wise in the ways of anesthesia.

Swanburg: Jonathon Swanburg, the operator of FromMalibuToWaco, a popular student blog. Mr. Swanburg is a decadant egoist, and I mean that in the best possible way.

Swanburg's Mom: Though not a Swanburg herself, she gave us Mr. Swanburg. Small tidbits of her life come out occasionally, including her maternal concern for Swanburg and her former relationship with Meatloaf.

Swissgirl: A graduate of the University of Virginia, the mysterious Swissgirl teaches in Switzerland. An object of much affection on Haiku Fridays.

TradeLawGuy: D.C. Lawyer (like Red and IPLawGuy) who apparently went to Baylor Law School. Otherwise shrouded in mystery, other than the apparent fact he practices Trade Law, whatever that is.

Tydwbleach: Seemingly the offspring of Erma Bombeck and Sid Vicious, Tyd is a domestic goddess with an edge. Living in Canby, Oregon with her luthier husband and bombastic toddler Spencer, she is currently barricaded into a single room with nothing but soup recipes and Home Depot catalogues.

Vitriolic Diatribe: Astute and mysterious current student. Haiku master, yet apparently unloved.

Comments:
sigh....

No shout out love.

- The V.R.
 
same here. sniff, sniff.

by the way, is "B"'s other initial "P" and did he formely clerk in the fine state of North Texas, er, Oklahoma?
 
On behalf of the BeerMat Editorial Cooperative, thanks for the shoutout. However, we must quibble with your characterization of our blog as a sometimes sports site. Sports is but a point of departure for our ruminations on life, philosophy, the priesthood of the believer, and the pursuit of white women.
 
I think I'm kind of offended that I'm not on here. Do I not comment enough anymore? I'm a consistent hypothetical/volunteer/callee in PR, doesn't that count for anything?
 
Well, ninjacoco and I are officially chopped liver. Or chopped rabbit. Whichever. ;o)
 
well osler, looks like you need to solicit some bios from other folks and open this "club" up rather than keeping your exclusive little clique.
 
I sniff a sequel in the making; cast of characters Part II.

Beer Meat?
 
No love here either, but I'm new. I'm hurt, especially after I offered to style your new 'do if your team wins Mock Trial. Be afraid, I have hot rollers and I'm not afraid to use them....Mrs. Celebrity Luvr
 
Hey, doofus-- I have made more comments than ANYONE here, and I don't make the roster??? No love for Anonymous?

Love,

Anonymous
 
The Gatos are not happy.
 
I'm just a blogger (without superlative) while Swanburg's blog is "popular" and Craig's is "interesting".

Oh, nevermind. That's accurate.
 
Well, Osler it seems that you have forgotten a few Oslerteers....

Did you get my picture of the organ desk I sent you?
 
Tyd-- No! And I want it...
 
HUH? I sent it from my OTHER email ok I will re send immediately
 
OK I re sent it to you just now to this address:

Mark_W_Osler@baylor.edu
 
Now I feel the love. Trade law, my dear former professor and he who taught me to cross-examine, covers import and export controls and compliance, litigation before the World Trade Organization, Customs law, and just about any other type of law that addresses the movement of goods, services, and intellectual property across borders. And no, Texas, while it's like a "whole other country," does not fall under a trade lawyer's "international" jurisdiction.
 
tradelawguy also excelled as a moot court partner.

-B
 
I knew it was you.
 
I'm a samurai?? Awesome. That means if I ever feel the need to fall on my sword, I'll have one handy.

PS My answer to that question will always be, "The defendant is guilty, so I would strike off his head, possibly while yelling a fearsome war cry."
 
MistyKeene and sqeeksnsqueeker need love too! =)
 
Cool post! Miss me yet?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#