Saturday, March 31, 2007

 

I'm worse than Shawnee Sweetwater....


I suppose that I have now lost the moral authority to characterize student PC witnesses as chucklehead gun nuts. It appears that I have offered myself up as just such a chucklehead gun nut-- though rather than choosing the relative privacy of Courtroom 3 at the law school and acting under the guise of a fictional persona, my blather was on CNN (among other places picking up this AP story). Crikeys. Anyways, thanks to Talltenor for tipping me off on this (for the record, he is both tall and a professional tenor, the only one I know).

Overall, I thought it was a good and interesting story, and the reporter was completely accurate in quoting me. I wonder if this means I'll never get back on NPR?

Comments:
I just thought you were advocating on behalf of the chucklehead gun nuts, not actually becoming one.

Nice try by the wife though.

I wonder if she ordered pizza
 
When I lived in NYC and was called for jury duty in civil court, I was voir-dired (did I spell that right?) in a case where a lawyer was suing his mobster ex-client because the mobster hadn't paid the attorney.

The mobster countersued for legal malpractice, claiming that his ex-attorney's advice to plead nolo contendere in a criminal trial meant the mobster went to jail (um, DUH!).

When I was questioned by the attorneys representing the lawyer and his now-in-jail-ex-client, I was dismissed because I have so many lawyers in my family that the mobster's attorney thought I might be biased in favor of the still-unpaid attorney who'd brought the suit in the first place.

You can't make up this stuff.
 
Welcome to the Razor, Talltenor! And no, I don't really have to make anything up...
 
Not this time you didn't. However...
 
Great quote.

ERhine
 
You know, Osler.. Your brother Will looks more like your dad than you do. You still look a little like him, but Will looks more like your Dad than you do.

Or, he looks like your Dad at least the way I remember him. I have not seen him in a while. Is he ever going to be on Good Morning America? Then I will tell you for sure.

THis comment was stupid, but you know I am drunk with silence, as the kid has been gone all day.
 
Fig-Guy: You might could have been a little more "legal-eagle." Seems that it sure was convenient that Darrell had a gun on him -- huh. And, had been at a card game -- huh. Tracy was lured out to pick up her delivery of guns for the kids. I think there is NO doubt that this is a replay of "A Perfect Murder"--a great defense!
~~~ Wakoan ~~~
 
OZyWj1 The best blog you have!
 
Q85PTt actually, that's brilliant. Thank you. I'm going to pass that on to a couple of people.
 
Please write anything else!
 
Magnific!
 
actually, that's brilliant. Thank you. I'm going to pass that on to a couple of people.
 
Thanks to author.
 
Thanks to author.
 
Good job!
 
Thanks to author.
 
Magnific!
 
Magnific!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#