Thursday, October 26, 2006

 

I'm hoping to be the cereal mascot of legal punditry


I just got done doing an interview for NPR's "Morning Edition," which should air tomorrow (unless I end up on the cutting room floor). It was a lot of fun, and I got to talk about my favorite topic, the federal sentencing guidelines.

One big advantage I had was materials on the subject prepared by Flo Rueda, Danny Back, and Dustin Benham. It's kind of funny how that works-- sometimes you guys count on me for information, but sometimes I count on you, and it is a huge help. I'm very lucky to have that in my back pocket when I wade into a an appellate argument or policy debate, and lucky to have such students both to teach and to learn from.

UPDATE: You can hear the excellent report by Libby Lewis here.

Comments:
The cereal with the bear on it was my favorite cereal growing up, and my second favorite was the one with the frog on it.
 
I think Sandra Day Cheerio'Conner may have beat you to the punch in the legal world.

Of the current Justices, Antonin Scalia looks most like Sugar Bear to me.

But if you're looking to make a cereal name for yourself in the legal commentator world, you'll have to elbow aside Ken Starr, who is spokesman for the star shaped morsels in Lucky Charms, Ted "Honeycombover" Olsen and Robert Rotunda, who advocates for the whole sugary-kids cereal industry.

Maybe you can be the Frankenberry of the legal community
 
For further discussion on cartoon cereal mascots, click here. I'm planning a dissertation on the topic.

I blame you for bringing up Quisp in the first place.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#