Wednesday, January 10, 2007

 

Next week, I plan to post a photo of myself addressing IPLawGuy, Swanburg, and Bates!



Pictured above is former Baylor Law PC professor Bill Underwood announcing the results of this meeting in Atlanta. He really is doing great things, and I'm proud to know him. This particular group is attempting to renew traditional Baptist ideals while at the same time doing something that has rarely been done in this country-- bring together black and white churches for a broad common goal. You can bet I am going to try hard to get a speaking gig at their January, 2008 meeting.

I do wonder if any of the Allman Brothers will be involved.

Comments:
Who wants to see you doing your Christmas cards anyway?
 
He looks to be doing great things, but I still wish he was sitting on the Fifth Circuit instead.

-B
 
is that clinton in the background?
 
Clinton and Carter. Carter looks terrible. He needs to find time to eat between building houses.

-B
 
Clinton, Carter, and some big-shot Baptist guys.
 
Clinton looks like he's scanning the audience.... Not that he'd ever do that or anything.

Carter is just bitter that his State Funeral will not engender as many good feelings as Ford's.
 
IPLG--

I think you are wrong about Carter. I don't know of any president who has done as much good after his presidency as Carter has. Like Reagan, he is greatly respected by those who don't have a partisan hatred for the guy.
 
I think he is saying, "Did you actually read the case? I didn't think so. Go wait outside my office Mr. Koronka."
 
I agree Carter's done a lot of great things, but there are plenty of people out there who still don't like the guy. Whether he deserves them or not, he still has plenty of active detractors.

No one really hated Ford. Or the people who did seemed to have disappeared.

Carter never tried to pull off the loveable rogue bit that even (most of) those who hate Clinton have to admit is kind of endearing, or at least amusing.
 
Well, whatever, this particular project seems pretty worthwhile whether Carter is there or not. Probably what is more significant in that scene is white and black Baptists standing together.
 
That picture gives me PC flashbacks. The only thing missing is his little styrofoam cup of coffee 1/5 filled to sip from for dramatic effect.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#