Tuesday, November 21, 2006

 

Today's Baylor Crisis!


I'm kind of tired of everyone else creating the crisis of the week and just having to respond to it, so I'm going to make up one for this week:

Did you hear what happened in Bankruptcy yesterday? Apparently, Prof. Bankruptcy showed up to teach wearing a sopping-wet sweatshirt, spandex biking shorts, and an odd array of other clothes all covered with an elegant shawl, while carrying the severed head of a Baylor Law applicant. From what I understand, what happened started out down by the river. Every morning, Prof. ADR, Prof. Bankruptcy, and Swanburg go fishing for catfish from that old dock down by the river there while downing a case of Bud Lite. Anyways, Prof. ADR catches a real lunker and it runs for the bottom. Just then, two undergrads in a sailboat come by, somewhat out of control, and cut across Prof. ADR's line. This enrages Prof. Bankruptcy, who leaps into the river, jumps into the boat, and knocks out both occupants with her kendo sword (the "shinai"). Not content with this revenge, she dives to the bottom of the river and strips their lifeless bodies of clothes and jewelry, all of which she puts on.

Fortunately, no one saw the whole debacle except one visiting prospective student from Sam Houston State, whom Prof. Bankruptcy dispatched quickly with her sword, saving his severed head as a prize and warning to all.

Comments:
there can be only one.
 
Always two there are; no more, no less: a master and an apprentice.
 
can I have the Sam Houston kid's scholarship? Otherwise, I'm gonna talk. I know people.
 
This post reminded me of a prof who used to teach civil procedure at Baylor. We would have liked to seen her in a wet shirt. Not sure what the rest of the post was about, I kinda zoned out after that thought.
 
Thanks for keeping us honest.
 
I sure am glad it was creating the crisis and not me. We can display the head in the Quadrangle as a warning. Against what, I'm not sure, but it sure would be a great warning. Is Professor Bankruptcy going to continue to give community education "kendo" lessons?
 
Where did I go? One minute I’m fishing and drinking beers, next minute, Prof. Bankruptcy is carrying around a severed head and nobody apparently cares that I just seemingly disappeared.

Fortunately, I’m still alive.

I guess the inference is either I was too intoxicated to recall the event, or it’s assumed that after taking LARC I, I know enough not to talk.
 
If no one else saw it, how do you know its true? I don't know about Baylor or Yale, but at my law school, this is what they'd call hearsay. And none of our profs were worthy of a wet shirt.

And what's a lunker?
 
Vitriolic Diatribe--

You have seen Prof. Contracts in an elegant shawl? Where was that, exactly?
 
feux pa: Remember, it is french. If you pronounce every letter, you have done something wrong.
 
it's actually faux pas...crazy french
 
iplawguy --

A "Lunker" is a bass fish that weighs over 13lbs. I'm glad my country roots are of some use. =)

-MLK
 
Would "lunker" qualify as a foreign word in Haiku?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#