Monday, October 05, 2026
Thinking ahead in Northern Virginia
Is it an accident that three of the most intriguing haiku this week come from Northern Virginia?
We have this from Des:
Thank goodness we kept
bees. I’m a bee; he wears the
bee keeper suit. Bzzzzzz!
bees. I’m a bee; he wears the
bee keeper suit. Bzzzzzz!
And one from IPLawGuy:
Rubber mohawk wig
T-shirt with some safety pins
Ripped Jeans and boots.
T-shirt with some safety pins
Ripped Jeans and boots.
And Mark L, as well!;
Don’t know what to be
This year because I’ve looked and
I can’t find my wigs.
This year because I’ve looked and
I can’t find my wigs.
Craig A. is from Virginia (other):
Not a Halloween
costume guy; our daughters, how-
ever, go all out!
costume guy; our daughters, how-
ever, go all out!
Christine is just one state down:
Bicentennial
We were patriotic peeps
I was Betsy Ross.
We were patriotic peeps
I was Betsy Ross.
But John Owens is safely midwestern:
My costume is drawn
Every year a new face
Different each time.
Every year a new face
Different each time.
And I liked this anonymous entry!:
My costume: gypsy
Long skirt, peasant blouse, earrings
Go for the glamour!
Long skirt, peasant blouse, earrings
Go for the glamour!

