Monday, September 21, 2026
The Foods of Fall in poem
Great stuff, everyone! I especially enjoyed this from John Owens:
Leaves falling gently
Pies baking in the oven
Time to grab a fork.
Pies baking in the oven
Time to grab a fork.
And this from Liz Buckingham (I love that scent of pumpkin):
Just baked pumpkin bread
Spicy fragrance fills the air
Serve for tea today.
Spicy fragrance fills the air
Serve for tea today.
IPLawGuy isn't baking, but he is eating!:
Fall- Football weather
Popcorn, nachos, chicken, beer
While watching TV.
Popcorn, nachos, chicken, beer
While watching TV.
Christine has her own take:
Seasonal apples
Gooey caramel, a stick
So crispy and sweet.
Gooey caramel, a stick
So crispy and sweet.
And this anonymous entry made me smile (and maybe want some soup):
Butternut squash soup
Warm, silky, creamy, cozy
Vitamins galore!
Warm, silky, creamy, cozy
Vitamins galore!
Des is enjoying endless summer:
Best fall food is what
I froze from summer— pesto,
okra, eggplant parm.
I froze from summer— pesto,
okra, eggplant parm.
Medievalist, I know your pain/joy:
A chill in the air,
Caramel apples are here,
Sticky lovely mess.
Caramel apples are here,
Sticky lovely mess.
And this anonymous entry is about something I have never heard of! (but want to try):
The bones being chilled
Welcome Mother’s Swiss
Veg/Beef Soup—Dumplings!
Welcome Mother’s Swiss
Veg/Beef Soup—Dumplings!

