Monday, September 28, 2026
The Dream Dinner
Ah, I think I hit a chord this week! There were some great entries, including this one from my mom (what would you serve?):
Gloria Steinem
and St. Paul as guests, I would
just sit and listen.
and St. Paul as guests, I would
just sit and listen.
We got this from John Owens:
Carolyn and Art
Crab cakes and Yuengling set out
While we reminisce.
Crab cakes and Yuengling set out
While we reminisce.
And Jill Scoggins, too, was from the heart:
I would give all that
I have for just one more meal
With my dear mother.
I have for just one more meal
With my dear mother.
Mark L., can I come, too?:
Dinner with Warhol
Maybe he’d take my photo
And sign it for me.
Maybe he’d take my photo
And sign it for me.
Same, Christine:
Dinner with Nora
Great conversation and
Maybe she will cook
(The late Nora Ephron)
Great conversation and
Maybe she will cook
(The late Nora Ephron)
Anonymous had an intriguing plan:
Disciple Peter
Long to hear all his stories
Beginning to end.
Long to hear all his stories
Beginning to end.
And someone else wants Abe!:
How dare you steal him,
Professor? —my Glory date!
Suffer, Triumph—Abe.
Professor? —my Glory date!
Suffer, Triumph—Abe.

