Monday, September 07, 2026
On shirts
It wasn't the volume we saw last week, but there were some great haiku this week (including one involving Danskins, which I hadn't thought about in a long time).
I was really wowed by this one, from Christine; it's a whole story in a few lines, elegantly told:
Tattersal oxford
My favorite sleeping shirt
I keep my Dad close.
My favorite sleeping shirt
I keep my Dad close.
And here is the Danskins entry, from anonymous:
Soft, stretchy, pull on
No zippers, buttons, velcro
I loved you, Danskins!
No zippers, buttons, velcro
I loved you, Danskins!
And another:
Oh, sleeveless white top
You go with all my outfits!
Perfect travel shirt
You go with all my outfits!
Perfect travel shirt
And a third, all of them great!:
Cardigan sweater
Essential travel wardrobe
Counts as a shirt, right?
Essential travel wardrobe
Counts as a shirt, right?


