Sunday, August 30, 2026

 

Sunday Reflection: On the richness of normalcy

 


As some of you know, my best friend for the past four decades, IPLawGuy, is facing some health challenges. He has an inoperable glioblastoma, which is a pretty challenging diagnosis.

I've been spending as much time as I can in DC with him lately. We don't go to fancy dinners. We aren't off on a fancy beach. We do pretty normal stuff. We get a lot of ice cream. We drive in the country. We have seen some ball games. Yesterday, we went to see the only movie in recent history to take a serious look at civil litigation in the United States, Coyote v. Acme. 

I guess we are just being normal in unusual times. But really, is there much in the world better than sitting at a ballfield at dusk on a beautiful summer day? Or hearing your friend laugh at a movie? Or concluding that almost any ice cream is damn good as the summer heat melts it just enough?

Life is fleeting, but joy, beauty and meaning need not be.






Comments:
I'm not sure a trial set for 15 days after filing a Complaint is realistic....
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#