Monday, August 24, 2026
So many restaurants!
I always love it when Craig visits, but this time he really brought the stuff... I remember my Dad at the Jack in the Box drive-through, muttering "I can't believe I am yelling into a clown's mouth":
Howard Johnsons on
Mass Pike gone: the twenty-eight
Flavors are history.
Brigham’s ice cream shops
No longer scooping in Mass.
Left to child memory,
Friendly's Restaurants
going the way of the loved
Awful Awful shake.
The Big Boys of my
Childhood, with great signs, now a
Long road trip away.
And Jack in the Box
Left town too; no longer yelling
“Jack, are you in there?”
Mass Pike gone: the twenty-eight
Flavors are history.
Brigham’s ice cream shops
No longer scooping in Mass.
Left to child memory,
Friendly's Restaurants
going the way of the loved
Awful Awful shake.
The Big Boys of my
Childhood, with great signs, now a
Long road trip away.
And Jack in the Box
Left town too; no longer yelling
“Jack, are you in there?”
And my mom had a good one:
The Little Cafe
German food served with sound of
a bowling alley.
German food served with sound of
a bowling alley.
Desiree has a Friendly's thing (who doesn't?):
Now it’s Santini’s,
but we’re still missing Friendly’s
cherry topped milkshakes.
but we’re still missing Friendly’s
cherry topped milkshakes.
And the Medievalist is back! Thank goodness:
Oh Shaky's Pizza,
With everything on it,
How I miss those pies!
With everything on it,
How I miss those pies!
Christine knew what I was talking about:
I always find it
Hard to believe that Red Barn's
Building - still standing
Old Dunkin Donut
Storefront still shares the corner
Held up by sugar.
Hard to believe that Red Barn's
Building - still standing
Old Dunkin Donut
Storefront still shares the corner
Held up by sugar.
As did this Ohioan:
Ate at Red Barn in Dayton
Always a big deal
Loved A&W more.
Always a big deal
Loved A&W more.
And we even got a Southwestern perspective:
Split T, OkC
Pre-football gathering place
We miss your burgers!
Pre-football gathering place
We miss your burgers!

