Friday, August 21, 2026

 

Haiku Friday: Long-gone restaurants

 


Restaurants churn through pretty quickly in some places, and many of my own childhood favorites are long-gone: The Red Barn, Lum's, Burger Chef. I know that IPLawGuy has fond memories of the Chesapeake Bay Seafood Prison. So let's haiku about those this week! Here, I will go first:

Over on Nine Mile
Across from the big K-Mart
Food came in a barn!

Now it is your turn! Just use the 5/7/5 syllable pattern and have some fun!

Comments:
I always find it
Hard to believe that Red Barn's
Building - still standing

Old Dunkin Donut
Storefront still shares the corner
Held up by sugar

 
Split T, OkC
Pre-football gathering place
We miss your burgers!
 
Oh Shaky's Pizza,
With everything on it,
How I miss those pies!
 
Ah, then there's "Friendly's"
For a Fribble and some fries
.... and some attitude.
 
Howard Johnsons on
Mass Pike gone: the twenty-eight
Flavors are history.

Brigham’s ice cream shops
No longer scooping in Mass.
Left to child memory,

Friendly's Restaurants
going the way of the loved
Awful Awful shake.

The Big Boys of my
Childhood, with great signs, now a
Long road trip away.

And Jack in the Box
Left town too; no longer yelling
“Jack, are you in there?”

 
The Little Cafe
German food served with sound of
a bowling alley
 
Now it’s Santini’s,
but we’re still missing Friendly’s
cherry topped milkshakes.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#