Tuesday, July 28, 2026

 

The News from Osler Island

 


 
I got back Sunday from a brief sojourn to Osler Island (actually Osler/Frakes Island) up in the Boundary Waters, on the international border with Canada. There have been fires nearby, and not long ago the smoke and fire danger were so bad that they barred canoe groups. The few people on the lake were anxious.

My trip was in a lull for fires, fortunately, and we were able to fix our sprinkler system that covers both cabins-- it's a simple system with a gas pump that pulls water from the lake-- and cut some dead trees away from the area around the new cabin. We also fixed the outhouse, but no one wants to hear about that.

It wasn't really a vacation, but it was important; sometimes that is how things go. 2026 has been a year that needs some respite, and I'll find that down the road, I hope. 

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#