Monday, October 14, 2024

 

Poems on reading

 


[Photo provided by my friend Jon, who is really good at this AI image thing]

There were lots of great poems by some great Razor regulars!

We had know fewer than four from Jill Scoggins, who began with emotion:

I hate a book's end.
I grieve for the loss of those
I won't meet again.

Pivoted to current reading:

Reading Barbara
Jordan's bio. A woman
who made good trouble.

And ended with the truth:

Libraries, book stores
hold gold that takes you where you’ve
never been before.

IPLawGuy is the biggest reader I know, and it is great to hear him describe what he is reading at any given time. He started with a favorite author:

Edmund Morris wrote
Strange bios: "Dutch" (Reagan)
also "Edison."

Continued with a mystery:

"Skippy Dies," sad tale
Does anyone prevail or grow?
Story sticks with me.

And whipped back to an author:

Bernard Cornwell writes
historical tales of yore
"Pagan Lords," Vikings
Christine described her reading:  





On audio just
Finished reading "The Barn"
Where Emmitt Till died

Next up listening
To "The Warmth of Other Suns"
Southern migration

On my Kindle I
stick with a variety
of lighter reading.

And then described the Razor:

It appears many
Avid Razor readers try
Their hands at Haiku.

While Desiree batted clean-up with the feeling we readers all share:

Finished my book with
a smile, because now a new
adventure begins. 


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#