Wednesday, May 08, 2024

 

My Gaming Problem

 


It all started with Wordle. 

"You should try it," people told me, "it's fun." And before I knew it, Wordle became a staple of my morning, even to the point that I write a poem about it every day on Facebook. So, that was a threshold. After Wordle moved to the New York Times I was fine, since I had a subscription.

But it wasn't the end of it. Next came Spelling Bee, also at the Times, which captivated and befuddled me. I cursed by vocabulary issues even as I came up with words like "Nationalization," which got about one zillion points. Spelling Bee takes a LOT more time to do than Wordle.

After that came Connections, a game where you find words that have something in common. The combination of challenging and kinda fun was irresistible. But was I becoming an addict?

Next came Flashback, a game so obscure that it isn't even listed on the "Games" page of the Times. You have to search for it by name. 

Do I need to seek help for this?

Comments:
No help needed. These brain games are great for our cognitive well being. Have you tried STRANDS?
 
Those online games are the Breakfast of Champions- I see no problem 😎
Des
 
USA Today has Hurdle - 5 Wordle-like challenges that build upon one another. And there's ThriceGame.com, a series of 5 categories with 3 questions each. My morning puzzle time keeps getting longer.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#