Friday, May 10, 2024

 

Haiku Friday: Graduation

 


You know what is kind of weird? I remember nothing about my high school graduation-- nothing. I'm not sure why; it's not like I was drunk or anything. I do remember college graduation, though with some disappointment. I had auditioned to be the commencement speaker and was rejected as "too iconoclastic." Harsh, but fair. I remember law school graduation fondly, and these days I love seeing my students graduate.

So let's haiku about that this week! Here, I will go first:

Commencement means "start"
But it feels like such an end
We walk our own paths.

Now it is your turn! Just use the 5/7/5 syllable pattern, and have some fun!

Comments:
Graduation is
bittersweet, a moment in
time, a forward step
 
At College Commencement
Drank some beers on way to Hall
bladder nearly burst
 
Don't do it, new grads!
Stay in college 4eva
There's no place betta.


 
The dichotomy:
Beginning and end. That’s what
Graduation is.

Like life that follows.
You will always be starting
and stopping something.

Even at the end:
If you’re a person of faith,
death will hold no fear.

It gloriously
will be your transition to
life everlasting.


 
Commencement for this
Army brat meant leaving the
place she lived longest. 💚
(Des)
 
Last name starts with T...
Large grad class; so I waited
a long time to walk
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#