Sunday, March 24, 2024

 

Sunday Reflection: Palms

 

On Palm Sunday, the crowd that was in Jerusalem wasn't there for Jesus-- they were there for the Passover Festival. Some of us know what that is like, to be in a city that is full of people to celebrate or share something. Those crowds sometimes gravitate towards what is happening, and on that day it was Jesus's entry into the city. 
 
The people grabbed palm branches and ran out to greet him. (I've always imagined that as the people going out of the gates to the road, palm branches in hand). They created a scene, a good one, welcoming someone who intrigued them. I would love to have been one of those people.
 
It's the one-year anniversary of my dad's death, and I have been deeply affected. Grief is real, and these moments are triggers. 
 
But part of that is remembering moments, which is redemptive. One that I have been thinking about is a show my dad had in that last year or so, at the Southfield City Hall. So many people came and looked closely at it all, then gathered in a group in the center, kind of a mob, as my dad kind of explained things (or didn't, depending). It was... a moment, a singular moment, kind of like that road outside Jerusalem.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#