Sunday, March 10, 2024

 

Sunday Reflection: The Cloud of Saints

 

None of us have done what we have done-- good or bad-- alone. 
 
There are times I feel the presence of the Holy Spirit. There are other times I sense a cloud of Saints around me. Not the Saints the Catholics recognize, but those Saints that played a part in my life: who loved me, who guided me, who challenged me, who told me when I was wrong and when I was right. I have a LOT of Saints. A lot. 
 
Pictured above (with me and Chris Lynch-- notably, I have the same hairstyle I do now) are Bill and Jane Smith, and they are part of that beloved group. The lived down the block from me when I was a kid. On the way home from school, I would stop at their house and read a book on the porch; when I finished one, Mrs. Smith would bring me another, and maybe an apple. When I was in high school, they advocated for William and Mary, and I took their advice. Then I knew them the rest of their lives, and loved their company. Mr. Smith referred to his wife as "Champ," and he was right.
 
The best kind of Saint...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#