Wednesday, March 13, 2024

 

SOTU-- and what comes next

 

I started out watching Joe Biden's State of the Union address last week in kind of a protective crouch, waiting for disaster to happen. It didn't though-- he really exceeded my expectations and I thought it was a pretty good speech. Sure, he didn't mention criminal law at all, but... sigh. 
 
Anyways, I thought the speech would go a long way towards addressing the allegations that he lacks mental acuity. Sure, he was reading from a teleprompter (as all presidents have in modern times), but he seemed sharp for about an hour, which is something I can't always say for my lectures. 
 
Unfortunately, the polls show no bump for him from that performance-- which was exactly what I though he needed to get a bump. That's pretty discouraging.

Comments:
According to news reports I've seen, RFK Jr. will announce his running mate on March 26. And another supposed anti-vaxxer, Aaron Rogers, is apparently under consideration. But I think Ventura is the more likely choice.
 
It worked great as a fundraising device. Which, unfortunately, is important. It also quelled doubts among the spineless Democrats who really need to start to take this seriously.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#