Monday, March 25, 2024

 

Poems o' Pie

 Oh, Pie! I can tell by what you all wrote that you all love pie as much as I do. Here are the many submissions, listed according to how much I like the pie you describe.

CraigA, I want this pie (the pecan pie)!!!:

Pecan pie the best;
Derby pie with pecan and
Chocolate better!

And Jill, you know I love lemon meringue (my fave overall, but I just ate one):

My Mamaw's lemon
meringue pie lives on in my
mem'ry. Love through pie.

And Desiree, mmmmm.... key lime....:


Graham cracker crust
with a tangy sweet center.
Key lime so yummy!

Chicken pot pie can be good, as an anonymous poster noted (and I love the opening line):

O chicken pot pie!
Your crumbly crust and warm sauce
Perfect comfort food.

Jill, the Kentucky Derby pie sounds pretty over-the-top:

Kentucky Derby
pie is ooey gooey good
best to add bourbon.

And egg custard could be good:

Hubby Dave made an
egg custard pie from scratch. Swoon!
Won me heart, body.

Christine is suggesting something I haven't seen (but could be good):

Raspberry Cream Pie
An annual ritual
More custard than fruit.

While the Medievalist... please, just, no:

The joy of mince meat!
Spicy, sweet, fatty, tangy,
Is misunderstood.

There was an anonymous general comment that I totally disagree with:

I'd eat pie each day,
If only the scale said YES!
But the answer: no.

And finally, a pie-affirming word from Christine:

Double R Diner,
Twin Peaks, Agent Dale Cooper
Eats a lot of pie.




Comments:
Mark - we had raspberries growing on our back fence on Colonial. We would harvest just enough to make a pie.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#