Friday, March 15, 2024

 

Haiku Friday: Pizza

 


I've been lucky to live in three places with very distinctive styles of pizza: New Haven, Chicago, and Detroit. I'm partial to Detroit-style, though I love a hot pie an Modern, too. Sadly, my time in Waco and Minneapolis hasn't yielded anything like I got in those three other cities.

So, let's haiku about pizza this week-- what you like, a favorite place, whatever. Here, I will go first:

New York style pizza?
Limpid floppy walking dough
I'm no fold-over!

Now it is your turn! Just use the 5/7/5 syllable pattern and have some fun! 

Comments:
The age old debate
Pineapple on pizza? Yes!
It's a blank canvas

An all time fav'rite
French Country pizza with snails
And smoked gouda, yum

 
Oh, Lou Malnati’s!
Though folks may love your toppings
It’s all about the crust

 
Anchovies need riz
Better for you than sausage
or pepperoni
 
IPLawguy- what is “riz?”
 
I still have some dreams
about Shakespeare’s Pizza at
Mizzou. So, so good.

 
Godfather’s combo,
A bit of everything!
So delicious.
 
Perfect slice? There is
a correct answer. Thin crust,
bought in the Village.
 
(Des)
 
New Haven street cred
Knowing, defending your fave
For me? Frank Pepe's.
 
Pepi’s pizzeria:
My beloved college pie shop
of old – beer and za.

 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#