Wednesday, January 31, 2024

 

The Trike

 

Here we have an old old picture of me and my brother Bill (resuscitated by my sister Kathy) back in the day. I'm 21 months older, but it looks like we are twinning, right down to the matching socks and shoes. 
 
And boy do I remember that tricycle! It must have come to our family used, because it was kind of rusty and dented up, but much beloved. It had a bar/ledge by the back wheels, so that a second kid could ride back there standing up. I realize that probably that wasn't totally "safe," but it sure was fun!
 
Bill rode the trike at breakneck speed down the sidewalk on Harvard Road in Detroit. In the summer, when the sun stayed up late and the moon came up, he was convinced the moon was following him, and tried to outrun it...

Comments:
I remember those back ledges! Mine was red and was probably a hand-me-down from my older sister. Banged and beat-up. I remember best friend Carrie standing on the back as I pedaled. No child safety helmet rules then! But much loved until I outgrew it for my 2-wheeler, also red, complete with training wheels.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#