Sunday, December 31, 2023

 

Sunday Reflection: The Spritual Value of a New Year

 

Yes, I realize that celebrating the New Year is kind of like celebrating your odometer flipping-- in a way, it is attaching significance to a relatively insignificant thing. But somehow, the New Year has always had a spiritual component to me. 
 
Part of it is that sense of renewal, that a new year presents new opportunities. Beyond the date you put on checks, that's really only true if you create those opportunities. But, yeah, I want to do that! 
 
2023 was pretty challenging, in good and bad ways. Professionally, I've taken on a challenge that surprised a lot of people, but I think it is going pretty well.  Personally, the loss of my dad has been hard; I'm still figuring out how to do that. But both of those things present opportunities for growth and change, and (like everyone else) I need that. I'm still growing up, and that's ok.
 
The spiritual part is a gratitude for those opportunities-- that the new year is there for the taking, in this beautiful world full of meaning and hope. What could be better than that?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#