Sunday, December 10, 2023

 

Sunday Reflection: Getting it Wrong

 

The caption above-- with this photo-- appeared on the website for one of my favorite papers today. If you are wondering, the article above the picture was about a local college replacing its food vendor.  But who can forget the poignant image of Princess Di clutching her blanket and pleading with Prince Charles? [Actually, the dude on the left does look kind of like Prince Charles]
 
My hunch is that there was a Peanuts ad before the video of Charles and Di, but still...
 
We all get it wrong sometimes. And Christmas seems to be a time we are more willing than usual to see that. 
 
It's such a rare thing, to be chastened by mistakes. I've seen it a few times in people who had great power and it surprised me-- and times that I've seen people defend their mistakes with great umbrage.  
 
Looking back on it, one thing I have used this blog for over the years is to admit mistakes, and I'm glad for that. And there will be more to come!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#