Sunday, December 03, 2023

 

Sunday Reflection: Advent

 

Today is the first day of Advent.
 
It's been a really hard year, and I worry about quiet reflection-- the things to reflect upon are tragic and sad. I'm still full of grief on the loss of my dad, and while I love my work it is awash in tragedy, every day, all day. I don't have a respite, really. And this time of year is dark and cold where I live; the places where I happily rode my bike are now frozen over.
 
But I know that in the end, Advent will get to me anyways. It always does. I'll be walking out of a building, and there will be this beautiful quiet and I will stay in that for a while. Or something small and beautiful will present itself to me, and I'll be taken aback a little. Or a familiar song will float in the distance and I'll feel that calm. 
 
This world is constructed of so many forces, that push us this way and that. Advent is a time to see what is right in front of us, I guess-- and what is right in front of us might be good and beautiful. And that might be as good as it gets.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#