Friday, November 17, 2023

 

Haiku Friday: Gathering


 This week coming up is a special one-- as people travel to be with the ones they love. I'll miss my dad more than usual this week, as he traditionally held court in the breakfast room as various groups of family sat down for coffee n' talk.  Let's haiku about those gatherings today! Here, I will go first:

It should be called
Great Arrival Wednesday
Tires on gravel.

Now it is your turn! Just use the 5/7/5 syllable pattern and have some fun!

Comments:
Who's that arriving?
I hope it is Glenn Youngkin!
Oh, such a dreamboat.
 
Fam’ly out of state
so giving thanks with friends. But
love them just the same.

There’s fam’ly you’re born
with, fam’ly you get, fam’ly
you choose for yourself.

 
Around the table
Gathering of family
Reflections of love

 
I love gatherings
People I live with, not so much
So we do not. Sad
 
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
Traveling, cooking,
Visiting the relatives,
Kinda hate turkey.
 
They arrive early
to get the comfy bed and
not the air mattress.
(Desiree)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#