Sunday, October 29, 2023

 

Sunday Reflection: Quiet Times

 

Every year, I take my old and unrestored 1996 Miata to the State Fairgrounds, where it spends the winter. Yesterday, a guy named Mac showed me where to park it in the upper grandstand, among a lot of other old and unrestored cars (they must have another place for the cars that have been fixed up). 
 
After I walked down the elegant ramp by the Star-Tribune building ("Meet local celebrities/journalists/musicians!") I turned left past the giant slide and down by Ye Olde Mill (a tunnel of love operating for the last 108 years)-- all these places I am used to seeing jammed with people during the fair, now seemingly abandoned, with dry leaves piling up nearby.
 
It was awesome.
 
It was a type of quiet I don't get very often these days; the best kind of being alone. In those moments, I say a little prayer-- how can you not?
 
 



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#