Friday, October 20, 2023

 

Haiku Friday: Small Towns


 I grew up in a village. Sure, it was the Village of Grosse Pointe Shores, but still... it was kind of a small town. 

And I love lots of the small towns I go through with some regularity, like Grand Marais, Minnesota. Let's haiku about those smaller communities this week. Here, I will go first:

Goldfield, Nevada
Once the biggest in the state
Now just dust and hope.

Now it is your turn! Just use the 5/7/5 syllable pattern, and have some fun.

Comments:
Small Town Coffee Shop
The sign outside said ice cream
But you would not stop
 
Kingsville was a place
like Cheers: everyone knew
your name. You felt safe.
 
Friendly, slower pace,
A sense of community,
My local small town
 
“We love trees!” says the
Town Council, as they make deals
to cut them all down.

(Desiree, not the least bit bitter about her 7 years in small town government)
 
Beautiful Scenery
Critical thinking verboten
Fredericksburg Texas
 
Everyone knew your name,
No getting away from here,
Going to Madrid.
 
[Moto Coco, I live in Fredericksburg! Where, Mark, I realized I know someone you grew up with: Jim Yuhn]

-Megan
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#