Friday, September 22, 2023

 

Haiku Friday: Angels

 

On Tuesday, I wrote about an uncompleted painting my dad had been working on. My mom put this in the comments, and it really moved me:
 
Your blog brought back so many good memories. He worked on many variations of that painting over the years, but never finished it. The blue mask was temporary. I recently found the photo he was using as reference, and I think that it was taken in Italy. I especially loved the spot of paint on his left jaw. He almost always had a spot of paint on his face or an ear or in his hair after a painting session. I'm so glad that you took that picture.
 
So, the picture above is of another painting that I don't think my dad ever finished, but I loved this unfinished version. After all, I don't think we ever see angels clearly. 
 
Anyways, let's haiku about angels this week. You have wide latitude, of course-- it's fine with me if you write about the Los Angeles Angels. Here, I'll go first:
 
I have felt comfort
Of one wing around my arm
Unseen, in silence.
 
Now it is your turn! Just use the 5/7/5 syllable formula and have some fun.

Comments:
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
When I need it, I
feel my mother’s presence, just
there, everywhere

 
Mike Trout and Rendon
Ohtani too, yet they stink
Baseball Angels, right?
 
Kind word or gesture
There are angels amongst us
Taking many shapes
 
Look for an angel
On the wing of the airplane
None, innocence lost
 
Seeking to honor
spirit of lost beloved ones.
Inner voices speak.

 
(That is a cool painting in progress from your dad)

When I turned to thank
them, they were nowhere. I was
unlost, unafraid.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#