Wednesday, August 09, 2023

 

The end of summer

 

When we were kids, my brother hated the TV ads this time of year-- all about "Back to School!" He wasn't thrilled at the prospect after a summer of swimming, running around outside, and traveling in the family van. I disagreed-- I was ready for the change.
 
But it is here, the end of summer (at least where I live). School will start soon, a whole new beginning for millions of students and teachers. I love that idea-- a new start for everyone. 
 
On the way back home from Osler Island, I noticed yellowing leaves on trees up in the far north. It's kind of a shock, but reassuring, too.
 
And what cycles don't we see, between life and death and death and life?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#