Monday, August 14, 2023

 

On napping

 Such good poems! We had this gem from Jill Scoggins:
 
I see my dog who
seeks the floor’s patch of sun for
a languid liedown.

I see my husband
whose years lead his head to nod
after our supper.

I see myself give
into droopy eyelids on
weekend days, post-lunch.

We three give into
our body clocks whose rhythms
insist: rest … rest … rest.
 
And two from Christine. This one:
 
Lazy afternoon
Lounging chair, book at ready
My eyelids closing.
 
And this one:

Napping; siesta
An underrated concept
Helps one refocus.
 
And a very fine anonymous entry: 
 
Shh....He is asleep!
So peaceful. Well-deserved rest.
Blissful summer nap.

Uh oh! Wake up NOW!
To the boat! Rescue siblings!
Guess I'll take that nap!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#